A tutored life drawing class in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. This workshop provides a great introduction to life drawing. During this class you will:
– develop an understanding of overall body proportions
– discover drawing methods suited for short / long poses
– learn how to draw a foreshortened figure (drawing the figure in perspective)
– understand the significance of light and dark contrast
– learn how to avoid common mistakes in life drawing
The workshop includes practical demonstrations, one to one tuition and group discussions. Each session with a live model begins with a series of very short poses. This is an exercise designed for warming up your drawing hand and eyes. Then we slowly increase the time for the poses to 5 minutes, 10 minutes and 15 minutes. We will finish the session with a 20 minutes long pose.
This class can be booked separately or as part of the beginner workshop series.